Here’s a nice set of rules you can follow when you are trying to remote view:
We have seen the amount of time and money which the Soviets and the Americans have invested regarding the techniques of remote viewing and remote influencing. How are these techniques actually taught to operatives.
US TRAINING METHODS
This section of the book provides a complete guide to learning remote viewing. It gives a much fuller account than any previously published of the actual methods used by the superpowers, covering more ground than any other available courses. US courses, which cost between $3000 and $7000, tend to concentrate on the simpler and less efficient co-ordinate remote viewing (CRV). This book teaches simple, scientific CRV, but goes further, including for the first time my versions of Russian super-advanced extended remote-viewing (ERV) techniques. To my knowledge, these are the most advanced remote-viewing instructions on the market.
CRV was developed by the Stanford Research Institute and taught to the US military remote viewers. It is carried out from normal consciousness, the beta state. Now it is recognized that certain steps must be followed to fixate the conscious mind on the biophysical body, which is actually carrying out remote viewing. Since the US researchers disregarded notions of a biophysical body, it was a rather hit-and-miss method. The psi-damping field (PDF) is in full operation outside of the theta state (see Chapter 4), so CRV is hampered by negative feedback from the common consensus of consciousness which tries to exorcise the paranormal from reality. Systematic steps are therefore necessary to keep the psychic window to the biophysical field open against these adverse conditions.
CRV – US TRAINING STEPS
Ingo Swann’s methods are still used in the US:
- Stage One – get a blank piece of paper and pencil. In your mind’s eye, visualize yourself opening a psychic window to the target, which is defined by map co-ordinates. Numbered photographs in sealed envelopes are easy alternatives to map co-ordinates. When you have visualized this psychic window in your mind’s eye, start sketching lines on the paper. Draw lines or curves depending on how you feel. Don’t think about the process, just sketch the first thing that comes into your mind. Do not rationalize.
- Stage Two – allow visual and sensory data into your consciousness through the psychic window to the target, but discard any analytical mental processes, giving no conscious thought to what it may be or may not be. Imagine yourself peeking through this psychic window, getting glimpses of shapes and shadows, and odd sounds. Do not try to analyze these, but list the first impressions _ smells, tastes, tactile data etc. Then let the far stronger auditory cues enter your perception. Finally, let the strongest of the data, the visual cues, come into your mind’s eye. They would swamp out the other information if allowed in first.
- Stage Three – include dimensionals, putting your perceptions into a bigger picture. Imagine you are an artist sketching the target. Make a series of simple drawings of what comes into your psychic window. As you draw, try to link them with the perceptual cues you gained in Stage Two.
- Stage Four – list the emotional and aesthetic impact of things that have come from the remote-viewing session. List the tangibles and intangibles of the target, ’wooden’ and ’pastoral’ for example. Look at your Stage Two list of perceptual cues and your Stage Three drawings; write down the feelings you get from these cues next to them. Try to expand your list of what the target is like.Analytical information can be brought in for the final sketch, which is a coming together of all the information acquired in the session. Write what you think you are seeing next to the perceptual cues and the drawings.
- Stage Five – meditate on the psychic window and visualize yourself opening it up to produce a clearer channel to the target. Imagine that fresh insights about what you are remotely viewing come flooding through the psychic window, which allow you to develop Stage One through to Stage Four data with a fresh mind.
- Stage Six – make a three-dimensional representation of the target. Use plasticine, a sand pit, wire, whatever feels most applicable, and build a model of the actual target.
- Stage Seven – can be added later, when you are more experienced, for a more detailed analyis. Try to pick up the name of the target. Do this by seeing which letters of the alphabet spring to mind and building on that. You can also visualize written signs and text, so a catalogue of what is written down at the site can be developed over time. The monitor can help you to zoom in on specific areas of interest.
This technique requires two people and a photograph. One person acting as a guide, or monitor, directs the other to the target shown in the photograph (which the remote viewer is, of course, not allowed to see) and asks a series of questions based on the photograph. The monitor should not lead the remote viewer, but record exactly what he or she says. As more information is forthcoming, the monitor should concentrate on a specific area of the photograph and ask a series of questions to tease out information from the remote viewer, such as:
Question (Q): Is the target light or dark?
Answer (A1): This could be a night target.
A2: A barren desert landscape.
Q: Is the target surrounded by objects?
A1: This could be a valley surrounded by hills.
A2: A room surrounded by walls.
Q: Is the target in a room or chamber?
A2: An underground bunker.
Q: Are there any objects in the target?
A1: These could be cows in a field.
A2: There are computers in an underground bunker.
Q: Are their any graphic representations in the scene?
A2: These could be military computer screens, signs flashing on them.
Q: Is any part of the target moving?
A2: This could be a train moving into an underground tunnel, or machinery in a nuclear-bomb factory such as ultracentrifuges in Iraq.
Q: What colours do you sense in the scene?
A1: This could be green grass in a pastoral scene.
A2: Stainless steel coloured, grey metal containers.
Q: What sounds do you hear?
A1: Wind blowing through the trees in a forest.
A2: This could be screams of infected animals in a biological warfare lab in an underground complex.
Q: What creatures do you see at the target scene?
A1: This could be cows and sheep in the fields.
A2: Scientists in a laboratory.
Q: Is the target man-made?
A1: No, it is a pastoral scene.
A2: Yes, it looks like a series of man-made caves.
Q: Is the scene flat or are their tall objects dominating the scene?
A1: The scene seems to be in a valley.
A2: The underground complex is hidden under a mountain.
Q: Are there many objects of the same sort in the scene?
A1: There are many trees and a lot of cows and sheep.
A2: This could be a series of nuclear, or biological missile silos, or the electric pylons I see running into the mountainside.
Q: Are there any mechanical devices in the target scene?
A2: This could be Sukhoi 27 fighters at a nearby Chinese air base. Or the nuclear, or biological, processing facility underground.
Q: Are there straight lines, paths, roads or other landmarks in the target scene?
A1: No, just a river running into a small lake at the centre of the pastoral scene.
A2: There could be an airfield, road, long underground access tunnel, air vent tunnels.
Q: Does land dominate the scene?
A1: The scene is dominated by the central lake.
A2: This could be the mountains.
Q: Is the target underground?
A2: This could be the underground complex, or missile silos.
Q: Does flora or fauna dominate the scene?
A1: Grassland and woodland surround the lake.
A2: This could be desert-like conditions around the mountains, beneath which is the underground complex.
Q: If the scene is man-made, describe if it contains buildings.
A1: It is not man-made.
A2: This could be the massive underground complex for nuclear and biological warheads for Chinese intercontinental ballistic missiles aimed at the USA.
Q: If the scene is man-made, enter the target and walk around within it reporting all you see.
A2: It is a Chinese underground nuclear and biological weapon facility.
The remote viewer draws what he has reported on a blank piece of paper. In the above example, A1 was a pastoral scene, with a central lake, surrounded by a field of cows, and another field of sheep, with a small wood between the fields; A2 was a Chinese underground military complex in mountainous territory.
This training exercise can be repeated many times, with different photographs and the monitor and remote viewer changing roles each time.
STRESS AND ITS EFFECTS
Stress levels have to be lowered for paranormal abilities to show themselves, and also for humanity’s preservation! Stress interferes with the mechanism of remote viewing; it also interferes with our immune response and a host of other biological processes. Research published in New Scientist in 1996, shows that stressed people are at least a thousand times more susceptible to poisons than non-stressed individuals. The process of activating remote-viewing abilities reduces the high levels of neuro-hormones and the blizzard of electrical over-stimulation of the nervous system, which blinds us to remote viewing.
I believe there are two main factors which elevate human stress levels:
- over-stimulation of the brain stress system (see page 00)
- acquisition of negative memes that degrade human performance (see Chapter 4)
Improving remote viewing and finding effective stress-management systems go hand in hand; basal stress levels should be naturally reduced to alpha or theta. A corollary to this is that there is also a marked improvement in physiological and mental functioning; augmented powers of mind over matter only occur when the brain is in the quiescent state of theta, which is also optimal for boosting the immune system and suppressing psychosomatic disease. By switching off the body’s habituated electrical storm of anxiety, with the concomitant sea of stress-inducing neurochemicals, the brain state which comes about from remote viewing also boosts life span, and makes the practitioner of biophysically augmented healing much more resistant to disease.
Our mental processes are locked into negative feedback cycles that severely degrade our ability to function appropriately. These negative mental programmes and memes that afflict humanity are reinforced by the organizations we work within; managers and staff endlessly externalize negative memes in the work place. Organizations therefore suffer from the human stress disease and all its associated memes, but on a grander scale. Individuals within them are afflicted by stress and pass it on to the company culture. You are probably constantly conditioned to be in exactly the stressed-out state which will inhibit remote viewing.
When you begin to practice remote viewing in earnest, you will find that stress blocks it out. The following is a set of simple progressive steps for lowering brain rhythms, i.e. relaxing. It is a good idea to tape the relaxation programme, and the other sets of instructions in this book, and listen with eyes closed.
Lay down on the bed and close your eyes.
Visualize your feet.
Imagine that all the muscles in your feet are becoming limp.
Visualize your ankles.
Imagine that all the muscles in your ankles are becoming limp.
Visualize your calves.
Imagine that all the muscles in your calves are becoming limp.
Visualize your knees and thighs.
Imagine that all the muscles in your knees and thighs are becoming limp.
Visualize your lower body.
Imagine that all the muscles in your lower abdomen are becoming limp.
Visualize your chest and back.
Imagine that all the muscles in your chest and back are becoming limp.
Visualize your arms.
Imagine that all the muscles in your arms are becoming limp.
Visualize your neck.
Imagine that all the muscles in your neck are becoming limp.
Visualize your head.
Imagine that all the muscles in your head are becoming limp.
Now imagine yourself floating off to a grassy meadow.
Visualize the grass; hear the birds sing; feel the sun on your skin and the ground beneath your body; smell the grass.
Visualize all your worries drifting from your body and evaporating in the sunlight.
Feel the sunlight filling your body with energy that washes away the anxieties you have accumulated.
Tell yourself that you feel better than you have ever felt in your life.
Imagine your past experiences that caused you anxiety.
See the black vapour of these old anxieties been expelled from your body, to be replaced with positive feelings.
Replace these old worries with new positive feelings such as love.
Choose one new positive feeling and mental state each day you practice, and visualize these new, positive emotions easing out the old anxiety-inducing emotions. These positive emotions will become linked with your practice of remote viewing, which will set up a positive feedback cycle – the more you practice remote viewing the better you feel.
Once you are comfortable with this ritual and feel deeply relaxed, you can begin the set-up procedure for simple ERV. In your mind’s eye, visualize yourself repeating the following axiomatic remote-viewing memes.
The goal is to manifest the true potential within myself.
A remote viewer sees only the total reality of him/herself.
A remote viewer lives in total reality.
A remote viewer must step outside of group perception and hence group reality.
The reasoning behind each one is this:
- Your perception of yourself is incomplete due to filtering by the brain and imprinting of negative memes by our environment, which compete with and warp proper perception.
- We carry a number of memes that specifically cut off all paranormal functioning. Our perception affects reality and vice versa.
- Total reality is a state of perfect perception where reality is not compromised by negative memes and preconceptions about how you think you are. These negative memes reconfigure the neural networks in your brain to block out all paranormal phenomena.
- Group consciousness defines group reality. Memes not only warp the neural networks, but re-programme the latent biophysical fields so that they are crippled. The magic key to success is knowledge of biophysics. Once you can perceive unfiltered reality, with no preconceptions about what you can and cannot do, you are able to leave the common consensus. Having stepped outside the flow of group consciousness, you can begin to appreciate hidden potentials. Remote viewing is then available to the individual. Enabling you to know your true self and to use all your psi abilities is the goal of remote-viewing technology.
In your mind’s eye, fixate your awareness on your brain.
Visualize the three different areas of the brain – cortex, limbic system and reptilian brain-stem areas – as three concentric circles, with the reptilian brain in the middle, joined to your spinal cord (see Figure 12, page 00).
Visualize your biophysical field becoming stronger and ’soaking’ into the brain, linking with the brain cells. This process primes the biophysical fields to interact with your brain on a higher level than morphogenic fields. Imagine a ghost-like biophysical field being sucked into your brain and the three concentric circles of your idealized brain becoming suffused with the energy of your biophysical field. You are putting the ghost in the machine.
Visualize an energy field which overlays your body, the biophysical field that is contiguous with your physical being, becoming imprinted with the four repeated axiomatic memes. In effect, you are now programming the ghost in the machine.
Imagine the biophysical field commanding your brain centers to become compliant with the axiomatic memes thus preparing your brain for remote-viewing activity. You are programming the ’machine’ for remote viewing.
This technique of programming the biophysical field is very important because it programmes the specific brain centers for remote viewing. Biophysical fields carry information and they can be programmed just like a computer. Your biophysical field is, in effect, a quantum computer that has to be programmed before you command it to begin remote viewing.
Once you have mastered the above exercises, it is time to send your biophysical awareness to a place you find of interest.
FURTHER STEPS TO REMOTE VIEWING
1. Visualize yourself from the above relaxed state, sending your biophysical body to the target. For the moment, this should be somewhere you know well, as you are just training the biophysical body to follow your commands and get used to remote viewing.
2. The first step in processing the information the biophysical field sends back to your brain is to list the perceptual cues you receive, e.g.
- Sense Perception
- tactile wet
- sounds roaring noise
- sound of wind
- visual sunny
- blue sea
Remember to list the non-visual data first as visual information dominates the attention once you fix your awareness upon it. Build a picture in your mind’s eye of what it is. In the above case, the target was a sandy beach at Bournemouth in the summertime, with a south easterly wind blowing. It is helpful to use the monitored remote-viewing technique to help build up your perceptual cues, if there are two of you.
3. Imagine another place you know well. Keep repeating this visualization of actual places in order to train your biophysical body to become aware of distant locations. Practicing helps to raise the biophysical awareness from its latent morphogenetic state to self-awareness; you are training your biophysical fields to become aware of the outside world. Visualize yourself walking around the places you visit, studying the details.
4. Keep a log of your remote viewing and check on its accuracy. Ask a friend to put anomalous objects at a target site you know well, such as the office or their home, and seek them out. This is a gentle introduction to psychic spying.
5. The next step is to look for people in their own homes. Relax, send your biophysical awareness to the person’s house and hunt through the rooms until you feel or see his or her presence. Afterwards, telephone to see whether you were correct. You can also look for the person as an energy field. Look for a glowing shape rather than the physical image of the person. Compare which is the most efficient way of locating someone.
This is a preliminary exercise which develops the bifunctional viewing capacity of your remote-viewing biophysical fields. Your remote-viewing perception can look at things as physical objects, or at their energy field. In the realm of remote viewing, perception is a duality analogous to the particle-wave duality found in quantum mechanics. A person has a physical body and an energy field; which one you look at depends on your psychic intent.
6. You will have found in these preliminary exercises that accuracy can be a problem. In untrained people, an accuracy rate of 15 per cent is normal. If yours is better than that to start with, it shows you have a greater than normal complement of psi genes.
Body and mind are linked; chaos and separation in this interface cause disease and block all remote viewing. You must optimize your self-image and change your reaction to environmental stimuli, to cut out chaos (entropic decay). Relax and visualize yourself as accurately as possible. In your mind’s eye, list your characteristics and emotional reactions to various situations. For example:
- positive characteristics – negative characteristics
- hard-working stressed
- reliable easily angered
- modest over-ambitious – bite off more than I can chew
This exercise is important because it makes you aware of yourself and helps to cleanse your being of the numerous negative characteristics (memes) that limit your capabilities.
7. Now you can begin to re-programme yourself with new memes and software by intending what you wish to be and what you do not wish to be (see Chapter 4 on memes for more detail).
- What I wish to be What I do not wish to be
- a remote viewer psychically blind
- empathic unaware of what people are really feeling
- intuitive not being able to read people
8. Know that you have the ability to be aware using your biophysical fields. Visualize your ghost-like remote-viewing biophysical field leaving your body and travelling to locations of your choosing. First visualize it examining the room you are in from its point of view. Then visualize it travelling further afield and psychically viewing what is going on at a distant location you have chosen.
9. Buy or borrow some baroque music. This slow, repetitive music was composed to a very rhythmic beat; if you concentrate on it, it will automatically put you into the alpha state, as the Eastern bloc parapsychological researchers discovered (Figure 11). In the alpha state, the brain functions much more efficiently than in beta. Languages can be learnt in six weeks.
Play the music while you repeat the above exercises. Note how the efficiency of your remote viewing improves and how it is easier to contact the biophysical fields. The use of baroque music helps to develop neural networks which are alpha functioning and by a process of positive feedback, leads to the hardwiring of the brain in a way conducive to psychic viewing. It is as if the music moulds the brain to function in alpha, enabling remote viewing to take place.
10. With the baroque music playing in the background, pick a place for remote viewing that interests you and look for anything that catches your attention. By choosing places that interest you, your attention is kept at a high level which boosts your remote-viewing efficiency. Keep a log of your remote viewing and see how it progresses as you learn more and more techniques to boost your accuracy.
IMPROVING THE SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO IN REMOTE VIEWING
The remote viewing of underground sites, or military facilities, was the original intent of the US remote-viewing programme. American military personnel were trained to receive operational anomalous cognition, which was used to describe the remote-viewing phenomenon. In plain language, this meant the ability to see distant locations clairvoyantly.
In the intelligence scenario, a near-perfect description of a foreign site may be of little value, because the information is well known through use of satellite data or such like, while a poor anomalous cognition that would not score well in a laboratory trial may provide vital information unavailable by any other method. This means that the use of multiple remote viewers, using anomalous cognition simultaneously, may be of especial use when remotely viewing sites of interest which are so secret no information is available on their real nature and function.
For this, there are special instructions:
A – Managing the target pool.
Make sure that you look for clearly defined targets; broaden the scope later. In the case of foreign sites, the first thing to look for is the presence of life forms. From there, look at the tunnel complexes, then the equipment that fills these chambers; targeting remote viewing makes recognition much easier than looking at everything, getting swamped by data and losing your way in the mental farrago.
B – Bandwidth.
Keeping a focused train of attention is vital. It is easy to lose your remote viewing by letting the mind wander. Using directed attention on areas of the site you find of especial interest is necessary to keep your remote viewing fixated on the target; efficiency declines rapidly when you remotely view areas you find of little interest. Describing endless trivial target sites to skeptical researchers is a sure way to lose bandwidth by boring yourself stupid. When you get bored, the brain stress system becomes activated and you enter the beta state which blocks remote-viewing activity. If you wish to show off your remote-viewing ability to other people, remotely view things you find of intense interest to keep accuracy levels high. This works by using goal direction to switch off the brain stress system. The relaxed state is linked with remote viewing, causing a positive feedback effect which amplifies remote viewing in future.
C – Switch off the internal chatter.
To increase the signal to noise ratio, it is vital to reduce stress levels so you can enter the theta state. Switch off the internal chatter in the mind by using directed attention and the cinema method.
D – Use group-augmentation.
This entails remotely viewing the same target in groups and then sharing your data. Feedback on the actual site will enable you to build up your accuracy level and improve your signal to noise ratio. Group augmentation of remote viewing works by training the biophysical field to high-order consciousness, a state where it is self-aware. The group’s biophysical fields meld together when remotely viewing the same site and boost their potential, an effect which lasts after the session and rapidly advances the individual biophysical field’s remote-viewing ability; from there it can be developed to the state where remote sensing and influencing become possible. This was why military remote viewers worked in groups.
E – Noise reduction.
This occurs when the brain rhythms are lowered by use of advanced stress-management techniques and memetic biophysical-enhancement systems, which have been given in this book. Further to this, group-augmented remote viewing can be used to filter out noise so that the 15 per cent accuracy rate of untrained individuals may be of use for gleaning information from foreign sites. The group that remotely views the same site will all see glimpses of the same thing. When they compare notes, the similarities in their remote viewings will be easy to pick out. Only the actual target information will be similar. This similarity in the signal can be used to suppress the noise, as methods can be developed to ignore any data which does not agree with the group. This type of procedure is used to filter out noise in electronic circuits and the mathematics is very well understood.